WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

1987 AP Exam

3.) was pretty simple; I knew all of the terms used in the possible answers.

6.) was difficult; I didn't quite understand what the question was asking when it said "depends upon;" none of the possibilities seemed to be the one I would have chosen as the answer.

12.) was also difficult; I was torn between A or B as the answer.  Janie seemed to imply that she felt relieved from obligations in the passage (B), but she also stated that she preferred loneliness in the last line (A)

14.) was very challenging for me; I chose C, but for me, it was originally a toss up between C, D, or E.  Once I looked at them more, I saw that D and E could be true, but neither of them was ever really implied or mentioned in the passage, so I didn't have any evidence that convinced me to chose either of them, so I chose C.

18.) was difficult; none of the options offered were what I had developed in my mind when I read those specific lines.  I tried to find one of the answers that was closest to my thoughts, and I eventually came up with E.

19.) was also challenging; I had no notion of what "wear the Bays" might mean.  I tried rereading it in context, but I kept coming up with nothing.  For me, it could have correlated to a couple of the answers so I guessed A.

20.) I thought was easy; right away, I saw the answer that had come up in my mind when I read the question.

26.) I also believed to be easy; I knew that "poets" were the implied "Madmen" from the context of the poem, and that was one of the options, thankfully.

28.) was difficult; I chose C, but I hadn't really ruled out A or D as the answer also.  Part of it was that I couldn't remember what an analogy was (D) and the other part was that A seemed like it could be a good answer, but I didn't know if it was the right one.

29.) and 32.) were both challenging because I didn't know a lot of the vocab that was included in the possible answers so I couldn't accurately determine which one was correct.

49.) was difficult; I have never been very proficient at answering this type of question with the I, II, III, IV possibilities because I will leave just one out and get the whole question wrong.

52.) was also difficult because I didn't know the vocab that I needed to in order to answer the question to the best of my abilities.

59.) was challenging; it was another case where none of the answers seemed right, and I couldn't think of the answer in my mind from the context and find a relation between it and one of the possibilities.

61.) was difficult because again, I didn't know the vocab for the types of verses of a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment