WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hamlet Learning Communities

Finally, I was able to discover three learning communities that are studying Hamlet at the present.  I first tried just typing "Hamlet" into the search bar, but it wasn't specific enough to produce results for what I was looking for.  After some thought, I decided on the search phrase "Hamlet discussion group."  This got many relevant hints, but most of the sites didn't have the ability to comment that I was looking for.  I did find one site that I liked, though: this cox teach Hamlet Discussion Group.  Then, I tried my luck with a new search phrase because I realized that I wanted a site that had the ability to post comments, like a blog.  For this reason, I searched the keywords "Hamlet blog."  That came up with a lot more relevant results than my first search.  From this search, I found The Hamlet Blog, which provides summaries and insight into some parts of Hamlet, and it even uses the vocabulary word "juxtapose!"  The third site I found is actually an interactive high school site of the English Lit class at Herbert Hoover High School, which is somewhat related to our setup.  The teacher posted some interesting questions, and the students have answered some of them.  This is a current learning community because the questions are from this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment