WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Masterpiece Test (Benchmark)

I guess I will go over the basics of genetics in this post. Genetic material comes in the form of DNA or RNA.  DNA and RNA differ by the type of sugar uses in the structure of their backbone.  DNA uses deoxyribose and RNA uses ribose.  DNA is in the form of a double helix with two sugar and phosphate strands connected by a pair of nucleotide bases. The possible nucleotides of DNA are adenine, thymine, cytosine, and guanine.  These are usually just represented by the first letter of each of the nucleotides: A, T, C, G.  Because of their individual structures, adenine will always pair with thymine, and cytosine will always pair with guanine.  Genes are certain nucleotide sequences of DNA or RNA that could consist or hundreds or thousands if base pairs. This leads me to genetics, the study of genes, which is the topic of my masterpiece and which I will elaborate on in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment