WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

POST #100!!!! (Pioneer Wagons to Planes)

I am a pretty sentimental person, especially as a senior in high school when I start to realize some experiences will be happening for the last time in high school.  With this in mind, I wanted my 100th post on this blog to be acknowledged; I am also all about the milestones.  This may sound odd, but I didn't want it to go by as another assignment post; I wanted it to be special, so yay! 100th post!  It certainly doesn't seem like that many...

I also will use this post to comment on a thought I had the other day.  I was riding on a shuttle bus from LAX to a hotel, when I marveled at today's technology in the form of transportation.  Yesterday, I woke up in New Jersey, had lunch in New York City, had dinner in New Jersey, and slept in my bed last night in California.  It amazes me that there was a time when it took pioneer families (I'm expressing my childhood memories of reading The Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder series here) months to travel half the distance that I traveled in six hours because today we have planes, and they had wagons drawn by oxen or horses.  In addition, where they needed barrels and a wagon full of supplies, I only needed a water bottle, a package of Nutter Butters, a pair of headphones, and my calculus homework to get me through the flight from Newark to Los Angeles.

Just an insight into my thoughts, something special for the 100th post on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment