WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE CROSSROADS BETWEEN SHOULD AND MUST

     The most important decisions in life are sometimes the hardest ones.  People focused on the past will imagine the life they could have had if they had chosen or done something different when given the option.  I believe that I am at a crossroads.  It may not be a Should or Must crossroads as the article mentions, but an important crossroads just the same.
     Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken" has been on a loop in my mind for the last week as the college decision deadline grows closer and closer.  I can relate to it more now as "one traveler" who "stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth."  Robert Frost chose the Must road, a road "less traveled by."  I think I know which road I want to chose, but I am unsure if it is truly the Must road, or a Should road that I have convinced myself is a Must road.
     If I could, like I imagine most people would, I would attempt to turn around and would prefer not to look at the crossroads, not to commit to travel one way over the other.  However, one way traffic on life's main streets prevents me from avoiding hard decisions like the one I am faced with, and even no decision can be counted as a decision.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment