WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, February 21, 2014

BRAVE NEW ESSAY TOPIC

Here is one of the AP essay topics from 2012 that could apply to the first few chapters of Brave New World:
"And after all, our surroundings influence our lives and characters as much as fate, destiny, or any supernatural agency."
- Pauline Hopkins, Contending Forces

Choose a novel or play in which cultural, physical, or geographical surroundings shape psychological or moral traits in a character. Then write a well-organized essay in which you analyze how surroundings affect this character and illuminate the meaning of the work as a whole.  Do not merely summarize the plot.

2 comments:

  1. I like your topic, but I would like to see how you would go about writing an essay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice essay prompt, Allyson! I can't believe I didn't find this one.

    ReplyDelete