WELCOME!

Welcome AP English Literature and Composition classmates and strangers surfing the web! Have a look around and feel free to leave comments or questions to any of the posts, whether about that specific post or about the blog in general. If you want to follow my blog, I will follow yours in return. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 24, 2014

I, JURY

It was interesting to see different interpretations of the topic that I had found an brainstormed on as well as of the topic that I did my essay on.  Reading Micaela Hellman's essay, I realized that I forgot to include direct examples from the text in the form of quotes.  I definitely need to work on that for the next essay.  In addition, I read Jake Hoffman's essay where I discovered that he had a similar take on one of the reasons why Huxley may have written the book, which I wrote about in my conclusion paragraph.  Lastly, I also enjoyed reading Colter's interpretation that Bernard was a light in the darkness of the society created by Huxley in Brave New World.  Overall, I noticed that the people whose essays I read had very distinct styles of writing.  Of course, there are always a couple of grammar mistakes and awkward sentences, but for the most part, the examples and supporting facts as well as the thesis were very clearly incorporated and explicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment